The official equipe Campianissimo racing device, the G731 began as a 'hobby' with the inner core of equipe Campianissimo. Thanks to ASSOS know-how, experience, carbon expertise (ASSOS invented the first carbon frame in 1976) and the company's extensive global network of specialists, we (equipe Campianissimo and Goomah) have taken our value of commitment to the next level, creating an exclusive equipe Campianissimo-engineered racing bike.
No reinventing the wheel, no revolution. Instead, we took proven, leading technologies and combined them with a geometry that suited our taste, and engineered it the way we like a racing bike to be made and behave: quick, laser sharp response, high-speed stability, maximized comfort, light enough, but tough enough to avoid fatal breakage.
Many ASSOS engineered products start out as an idea, driven by curiosity and passion. The world does not need another cycling frame, but ASSOS Centro Studio (the R&D + Refinement lab) does need to be continuously challenged, researching all aspects of cycling to engineer the pinnacle of high-performance in cycling gear. After all, we are the cycling apparel R&D+R company - without the bike at the center of all our activities we have no reason to exist. ASSOS made its name in cycling.
Development of our own racing device started off three years ago with the first prototypes, the G729 evolving into the G730 (neither ever commercially available), resulting in the brand new, unique G731. How?
It is practically impossible for a cycling apparel company to internally develop from scratch an impeccable high-performance racing device like the G731. The key word for the outstanding quality of the result is Access - make available and integrate competence and know-how through the unique, global ASSOS network.
What is carbon fiber? It's a synthetic material just like the primary components of ASSOS textiles. To create the G731, it started by finding the right fiber, an ASSOS Textile Lab specialty. Development took its course and the engineering of the frame and creation of the physical prototype was assigned to a group of European carbon specialists who usually develop and create avant-garde carbon fiber components for America's Cup racing, Moto GP and GT1 endurance car racing. Every aspect, every component of the G731 has been designed, evaluated and approved by a specialist. It is the result of 23 highly skilled individuals taking part in the creation process - from the fibers and epoxy, to tooling, molding, geometry, math, aerodynamics, material fatigue, componentry, handcrafting, assembly, paint and performance testing, to delivering a total comfort riding experience - all made by Goomah.
The result - G731 - has provided so much knowledge and joy, so many thrills, and such a promising potential for more, that the development team decided to form its own, independent Swiss cycling engineering company called Goomah SA, to possibly further engage in cycling frame creation. ASSOS holds a minority stake in Goomah SA.
The G731 was engineered in Europe and is physically manufactured in the country with the most skilled hands when it comes to high-quality, labour-intensive carbon fiber bicycles - Taiwan.
The Goomah G731 is the one and only ASSOS Werksmanschaft racing device. It features, in brief:
• Custom engineering
• Made exclusively for the needs of the ASSOS Werksmanschaft
• Matrix surface mapping: Uses three different strengths of high-modulus carbon fibers. This means the frame is not made with the same carbon modulus all over. Instead, depending on the area, the G731 team adjusted strength and stiffness, searching to minimize unnecessary micro-shocks, in pursuit of total comfort. We feel that producing a super stiff, super rigid frame without providing a comfortable ride is simply useless, unless your discipline is the 1km sprint.
• Frame setup tech, power balance compensator: The right rear-end of the frame is calibrated to be stiffer than the left. this to compensate for torsional flex that a one-sided drivetrain generates under maximum force.
• BB30 bottom bracket: Narrower, more torsional strength, less weight, less power loss
• Internal cabling: For aesthetic correctness and a clean, quality look.
• Integrated seat tube: less weight and increased stiffness
• CNC alloy seat clamp
• Di2 compatible